Description: India Against Corruption ("IAC") is a people's organisation affiliated to the Hindustan Republican Association which was founded on 3 October,1924 at Kanpur (United Provinces). The IAC movement today is an apolitical, secular, socialist, Republican, conservative movement whose ideology is Hindutva. (NB: Hindutva is an ancient inclusive way of life inherently capable of harmoniously accommodating all faiths, religions and beliefs or non-beliefs). Read more at India Against Corruption wiki
IAC official website: www.indiaagainstcorruption.org.in
Other Public Notices :
Public Notice: Beware of Jack-in-the-Box jokers (new)
IAC's Core Committee
History and background of "India Against Corruption"
The name of "India Against Corruption" is closely and indelibly continually associated since 26 February 2007 with (and vests in) Mr. Sarbajit Roy (National Convenor) and Mr. Veeresh Malik (Co-Convenor), supported by a core team ('aka' "Core Committee") of eminent Free Speech activists in India located in several widely separated States of India. Recently on 04 September 2012 eminent activist Mr.Chanderkant J. Karira is also nominated as an IAC Co-Convenor.
2) That the IAC "movement" originated on 26 Feb-2007 when a motley group of RTI activists ** assembled outside CIC office at Delhi in adversarial circumstances triggered by Arvind Kejriwal's illegal tent, but agreed to do something together for the national good as "India Against Corruption", which name was proposed on the spot by IAC's National Convenor. The IAC movement was exclusively taken forward by Sarbajit Roy and Veeresh Malik along with "Humjanenge" activists when some founders dropped out.
3) That in the year 2010, the IAC leadership made modest donations to a registered public trust "Public Cause Research Foundation" (www.pcrf.in) to conduct a modest anti-corruption publicity campaign (in name and style of "India Against Corruption") to educate the masses after the conclusion of the Commonwealth Games 2010 in New Delhi on 14.October.2010 and to thereby circulate evidence of widespread corruption in these Games gathered by IAC. The financial details of the aforesaid arrangement "PCRF has also taken up a new activity namely "India Against Corruption" are accessible in the public domain and also reflect in the audited accounts of the PCRF. The campaign was so popular that large sums of money later came to be deposited from large business and industrial houses into PCRF's account under the accounting activity head "India Against Corruption" while many ordinary citizens all over India volunteered as unpaid workers for the anti-corruption cause and the local campaigns which sprang up "spontaneously" using social media.
4) The main promoters of the PCRF (ie. Mr. Arvind Kejriwal and Mr. Manish Sisodia) being Free Speech activists were quite well known to the promoters of IAC since long before 2007. On 9.Dec.2010 when the IAC came to know that PCRF (on 1.Dec.2010 and 7.Dec.2010) had enlarged the scope of their publicity campaign to include some mischievous outside "anti-corruption" campaigns and dubious NGO's under IAC's banners and name, the IAC expressly communicated to M/s. PCRF (then acting as the "Secretariat" for the pan-Indian anti-corruption platform) that IAC's martyrs, banners and name should not be associated with independent causes (such as for "Jan Lokpal Bill" or "Return Black Money" campaign of M/s. Anna Hazare or Baba Ramdev respectively brought in by PCRF) not linked to CWG-2010. Due to some differences within PCRF (specifically their Trustee Ms. Kiran Bedi who involved Anna Hazare and was a vested interest effectively acting as Anna's PR agent) the PCRF could only accede to IAC's demand from 6.Feb.2011 onwards.
5) That on 05 April.2011 at New Delhi, Mr. Anna Hazare's staff objected to the display of IAC's revolutionary banners (independently put up by one "Baba Ramdev" Bharat Swabhiman Trust) at Mr.Hazare's fast venue and disrespectfully caused these banners with HRA images of Netaji Subhash Bose, Shahids Bhagat Singh and Chandra Shekhar Azad etc. over the HRA marching slogan "Sarfaroshi ki tamanna ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhna hai zor kitna baazu-e-qaatil mein hai" (Revolution's desire is now in our hearts. Lets see how much strength our executioner's arms have. ) to be torn down because their television media managers were suggesting that such bold banners detracted from their careful media positioning of Anna as a so-called "Gandhian".
(NB: IAC's logo, which was also torn down, can be seen strung on the left side wall immediately under the bottom left corner of Baba Ramdev's banner in this (C)opyrighted private image from IAC's Core Committee archives.)
6) The veteran socialist leader Sharad Yadav (in pic. above where Arvind and Kumar Vishwas are introducing him as Sharad Pawar), outside whose party office the protest was taking place, was also abused and heckled by Anna's "Team" that day who misled the crowd that he was "Sharad Pawar" who was named to the Lokpal Bill Drafting Committee.
7) That all these endearing episodes caused IAC to lodge (the same evening) a Police Complaint against Mr.Anna Hazare and Ms.Kiran Bedi for sedition and anti-national activity which was promptly acknowledged by Special CP of Delhi Police. In these circumstances, Mr. Anna Hazare's Jan Lokpal Bill campaign was henceforth known as "Team Anna". IAC has never had any dealings with Sh. Anna Hazare who never had any permission to use IAC's name, trademarks and logos for his campaigns.
8) That with effect from 26 November 2012 the PCRF promoters launched a political party "Aam Aadmi Party" and all PCRF's non-financial assets generated for the aforesaid "India Against Corruption" campaign are exclusively with us and with nobody else. That PCRF seems to be non-functional as a Trust thereafter due to some politically motivated criminal cases being lodged against its main founding Trustees, and hence its latest audited accounts till 31.03.2013 are not known to the public or to IAC.
9) On 02 November 2012 IAC National Convenor established the website "www.indiaagainstcorruption.net.in" to be the official website of IAC. For legal reasons the previous website "www.indiaagainstcorruption.org" (it is registered in USA) is mutually disabled as IAC does not want to take on its associated liabilities. The official website of IAC is also "www.indiaagainstcorruption.org.in" which was recovered on 6.Dec.2013 from a cyber-squatter and is now the IAC's preferred information website. Another such recovered domain is "www.indiaagainstcorruption.us" as IAC will be filing cases against US bodies who are blatantly anti-Indian.
10) Shri. Anna Hazare has no direct role to play in IAC's affairs,and IAC has never supported his Jan Lokpal Bill demand and its connected activities. IAC's views about the persons who control Mr. Hazare today is well known, and IAC does not endorse any political actions by Shri Hazare or activities of any political party including any of our friends formerly in IAC.
11) "India Against Corruption" is today an apolitical, secular, socialist, Republican, conservative, Hindutva movement working for the national good. (NB: Hindutva is an ancient inclusive way of life inherently capable of harmoniously accommodating all faiths, religions and beliefs or non-beliefs).
IAC movement "Code of Conduct" (dated. 29.March.2008)
IAC is obliged to our local volunteers in Mumbai, for assistance in reconciling the code of conduct to suit their local situation/s. Special mention is made of Ms. Anny Kohli who may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist on how the code can be applied by other IAC field formations.
WEBSITE REPRODUCTION POLICY: In accordance with IAC's commitment to transparency and information dissemination, all IAC's original content hosted on the website/domain "www.indiaagainstcorruption.us" may be reproduced freely, without distortion, so long as a clear attribution to www.indiaagainstcorruption.us accompanies it. The same conditions shall apply Mutatis mutandis to subsequent reproduction/s. IAC shall not be liable for any consequences whatsoever for reproduction/s or their results.
IAC INFORMATION links